Creating out of office autoreply message. This method will work for any @sperryrail.com email address, regardless of whether you use webmail, Thunderbird, Office Outlook, or Outlook Express (or any other mail client).
1. Open web browser, and enter URL http://mail.sperryrail.com/
at the login screen, enter your full email address and password. If password is unknown, contact support. If this is your company issued computer, be sure to check "remember me" and create a bookmark to facilitate easier access next time. Click "Login". If this is your first time using webmail, you will be prompted to select your timezone.
2. Click the "Settings" button at top of page.
3. Select "Autoresponder" at left
4. Check "Enable auto-responder". You may select either or both of the remaining options if deemed appropriate. Click the Save button above when these selections are complete.
5. Now click on "Auto-Responder Message" tab. Compose as you would with any email, except that there is no recipient address. Click Save button when complete.
Response is set, and effective. You may test this by sending yourself an email. Note that disabling entails repeating steps 1 - 4 only UN checking the "Enable auto-responder" box, and clicking Save.
Note that your message will remain saved for the next time you need it. Obviously you may wish to change dates / etc. This means you can set your away message in advance, then enable it when required.