Making Bell Turbostick work on Windows 7 Starter / Home Premium
The Bell Mobility software is not compatible with the above Operating Systems. The Novatel drivers, are. Therefore, until Bell corrects their mistake, we need to use Windows to manage the connection to the Bell network. This requires creating a new dial-up connection in windows.
- Open your existing Mobile Connect software from Bell, and minimize, or leave in background. Windows will not load the drivers, and in turn be able to see the aircard without this software running.
- Open the Network and Sharing Center. You can find this by left clicking on the Windows network icon in the taskbar, in Control Panel, or via a search.
- Below Change your networking settings (in the Sharing Center CP), select Set up a new connection or network.
- In the Choose a connection option window that appears, select Set up a dial-up connection, then hit the “Next” button.
- Fill out the Create a Dial-up Connection settings as follows:
Dial-up phone number: *99#
Leave the following blank: User Name, Password, Show characters, Remember this password.
Connection name: Bell HSPA
- Press the Connect button, and wait while it makes the connection.
- When it says “You are now connected to the internet” press the close button.
Going forward, you can launch the connection either by selecting Bell HSPA from the network icon in taskbar, or you can find it in Change adapter settings, within the Network and Sharing Center CP. Keep in mind that you will need to open the Mobile Connect each and every time you want to use this connection. When you initiate the connection, it will prompt for credentials. We do NOT need to enter anything in these fields, so you may just simply press the Dial button. You may eliminate this step by doing the following:
- In the connection window, where it prompts you for credentials, press the Properties button.
- In the Bell HSPA Properties sheet, select the Options tab.
- Uncheck Prompt for name and password, certificate, etc, and uncheck Prompt for phone number.
- Press OK button.
Subsequent connections will skip the login page, and connect straight away.